The ISCA (International Speech Communication Association) Special Interest Group (SIG) on Speech and Language Technology in Education (SLaTE) promotes the use of speech and language technology for educational purposes, and provides a forum for exchanging information regarding recent developments and other matters of interest related to this topic. For further information see http://www.sigslate.org.
ISCA-SIG SLaTE is delighted to announce its next workshop to be held in Grenoble, France on August, 30-31 & September 1st, 2013, just after Interspeech 2013 in Lyon (~1 hour by train/car) .
The workshop welcomes all topics related to speech and language technology for education (SLaTE).
This includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
• Speech technology for first and second language learning and acquisition
• Natural language processing for education
• Spoken dialogue systems for education
• Applications using speech and/or natural language processing for education
• Intelligent tutoring systems using speech and natural language
• Development of language resources for SLaTE applications
• Assessment and user studies of SLaTE methods and applications
• Research on first and second language
• Theoretical and methodological issues in SLaTE
• Pronunciation pedagogy and phonetic correction
• Use of speech synthesis for language learning
• Serious games in SLaTE
• Language learning and disability
• Speech and Language Technology for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths)